Here it is, the second active week of the Beauties On Fire collab. Twenty or so bloggers will be posting their takes on “Summer Styles” this weekend! Some will be doing makeup and others will be doing fashion. All of them promise to be a lot of fun! Head on over to Elizabeth’s blog right here, and you’ll see the rest of the links at the bottom of the page – but you best read hers first!
I’ve always love spring and summer – mostly summer. No wonder, since I was born in August! I love getting out in the early morning and taking walks, though the weather hasn’t been too conducive for that this past week or so.
I have no photos for this post. Sorry! Time got away from me, and things popped up that were totally unexpected. But I can tell you my must-haves for summer!
- A hat. I will wear a ballcap when walking, a brimmed hat made of seagrass for hanging out by the pool, a big ole floppy thing for working in the yard. I wear them mainly because I don’t want to squint all the time!
- Sunglasses. Whether they are silly plastic ones I picked up at Target or my prescription glasses with Transition lenses in them, I hate going out without sunglasses – whether summer or winter! Again, I just hate squinting!
- A bottle of water. This is actually relatively new to my summer cache, but I’ve become very, very attached to my pink New Balance liter bottle.
- Facial wipes. I love the ones from Burt’s Bees, but I’ve now really begun liking the micellar water wipes by Simple. It just feels good to be able to wipe off dirt, grime, and sweat without needing to visit the bathroom.
- Burt’s Bees Garden Tomato Toner. Yes, it has alcohol in it, but that’s the point – I douse a cotton ball or pad in it and run it across my neck under my hair, behind my ears, over my face and neck. It smells so fresh and clean, and it evaporates quickly so it cools off my skin.
- Lip anything. Again, I love my Burt’s Bees, but I also go for anything with a splash of color that’s moisturizing and protects from the sun if I’ll be outside for awhile.
- By the pool I always, always have Neutrogena Wet Skin Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen. It’s a spray, so I can use it without needing Hims there to cover my back. And no way would I ask a stranger to do that! It stays on when swimming, sweating, and in high humidity. Love it!
- For my face, I use Neutrogena Sport Face Oil Free Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 70+. It’s made for swim and sweat, and it doesn’t clog my pores or do anything nasty to my skin.
- A hair comb with a rubber band on one end. It’s called a Localoc Bandette Comb, and it is WONDERFUL. Capital letters wonderful. I twist my hair up, slip the comb down between my head and the twist, bring the elastic that’s attached to one end around the hair (putting the hair between the elastic and the comb), and then slip the end of the elastic over the opposite end of the comb. Voila, great ponytail without the headache of a yanking elastic, and it’s easy – even *I* can do it!
Still hungry for more summer styles? Follow this link to the post on Everything & Nothin’ and see what Elisabeth absolutely needs for the summertime! Then check out all the link-ups below – so many gorgeous women, so many amazing ideas!