Okay, I just found this on Facebook, posted by a friend of a friend. I thought it might be fun to do this here, on my blog!
Tell us about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!
The year was: Oh, I am not sayin’.
- Did you know your spouse/ significant other? Nope, he was up north and I was down south.
- Did you carpool to school? I walked, actually, unless it was too cold or too rainy.
- What kind of car did you have? None – I didn’t have a driver’s license yet, even though I took Driver’s Ed.
- What kind of car do you have now? Ermmm… none. But looking.
- It’s Friday night – where were you? Probably at the mall, working.
- What kind of job did you have in high school? Kay Bee Toys, back before they had to wear uniforms and started to feel like a mini Toys-R-Us.
- What kind of job do you have now? Starting to look. I can’t finance a car without a job, but it’s really hard to get a decent job without a car. Catch-22!
- Were you a party animal? Only at Sonny’s Pizza while watching M-tv.
- Were you a cheerleader? Nope, but I was a Mat Maid (wrestling) and in Pep Club.
- Were you considered a jock? Good Lord, no!
- Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir. 🙂
- Were you a nerd? Theater geek and sci fi nerd.
- Did you get suspended or expelled? Not Senior year…
- Can you sing the fight song? I probably could if I saw the words. And heard the music. *laffs*
- Where did you sit for lunch? It depended on the day. Sometimes Sonic, sometimes the mall, sometimes the arcade next to the burger place, sometimes just wandered around the school. (Everything was walking distance.)
- What was your school’s full name? Northwest Classen High School
- What was your school mascot? Desmond the Dragon, though we also had a suit of armor in the foyer named Sir Bedivere.
- If you could go back and do it again, would you? If I could go back with what I know now, and with the self-confidence I’ve built up (which still isn’t that much!), then yes – I sure would. And not just so I could be with my Mom and Dad again, either.
- Did you have fun at Prom? Yes and no – and that’s actually something for a separate post.
- Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No, though I think I could get in touch with her. And I should, really. (Yes, I went to Prom with my best friend. I think her boyfriend couldn’t make it, or they’d just broken up, and I of course had no date.)
- Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I think it just happened. Since it was in another state, I didn’t go, though I’m really considering going to the next one.
- Are you still in contact with people from school? Yes, I actually am, and through that “wonder” they call Facebook.
Let’s hear your story!