I was so excited to receive this!
When I began reading about these products and the people who make them, I knew I wanted to try them. All natural and organic ingredients, the company is owned by women and managed by women, those are total pluses.
First off, what the brand itself says about this product:
Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask – Natural and Organic Ingredients – With Kaolin Clay, Hisbiscus & Cranberry Fibers
Specially selected ingredients work together to achieve optimum results.
– Kaolin Clay:Clay minerals draw impurities, improve skin tone, and tighten pores for smoother firmer skin.
– Plant Stem Cells:Naturally decreases the level of pro-aging toxins and works to soother the skin, reduce redness, and improve evenness.
– Spirulina:A botanical stimulant full of vitamins that hydrates the skins surface and contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin.
– CoQ10:Lessens the appearance of wrinkles by reducing free radical damage and stimulating health collagen production.
– Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers:Both lend their anti-aging properties to firm and reinforce the skin, helping to reduce the creation of new wrinkles.
Now, how did I like it?
I absolutely love masks, and I’ve been looking for a really good clay mask (that won’t break the bank) for ages. The first thing I noticed about this was the scent… sort of like always! It’s sweet and citrusy, and I think smells a bit like flowers. Not something you would expect from a clay mask, right? But it’s great!
As for the application, the mask is a bit on the watery side in the jar, so you have to be careful with that unless you want it all over your bathroom floor. I like the consistency because it makes it easier to apply gently and doesn’t tug at my skin the way more solid clay masks tend to do. Plus it takes a bit longer to dry, but then seems to dry pretty evenly. No cracking on the outer edges while the cheeks are still wet!
While it’s on my face, it feels cool and a little bit tingly, but not in a painful or irritating way. It might bother people with sensitive skin, but I have no problems. When I remove it, I wet my washcloth with warm water and begin massaging the clay in light circles. They tell you to do that because of the gentle exfoliating properties of the hibiscus and cranberry flower fibers. It washes off pretty easily, and my skin feels just amazing afterward! Very soft and smooth, without being over-tight or dry.
You can purchase the Valentia Clear Lift Revitalizing Serum straight from the company’s website or from Amazon (right here!), for $25.00. That’s over half off right now, too! You can also check out their Facebook page and their Instagram.
Valentia sent me this product in exchange for my honest review.