Hims and I had an out of state friend visiting for a long weekend this past weekend. Since she’s never been to Ohio, we wanted to show her around a bit. Of course, I wanted to show her the Sephora here (along with Torrid and one of the best places for Turkish cuisine!). There were two specific eyeshadow palettes I was looking for while we were there. They were out of one, but on the back side of a display I found the Urban Decay palette – only two left! Good for me, as it’s a limited edition and I didn’t want to miss out.
And I love the box it comes in, too!
The lid for the palette is a great matte black with a translucent gem-cut UD on the top. There is also a full mirror on the underside, so you can stand it up and use it that way.
The sides of the lid have this beautiful filigree pattern!
Mmmm, those colors! I can hardly wait to start experimenting! There really isn’t a matte shade in the bunch, either, which I like. There are so many mattes and neutrals right now because it’s what’s in style… but I like using vibrant colors, too.
Swatches! These are on my inner arm, and taken in late afternoon sunlight. From left to right we have:
- Protest, a golden forest green shimmer
- Junkie, a teal green shimmer
- Deep End, a bright green shimmer
- Madness, a bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro-glitter
- Evidence, a deep navy-blue shimmer
- Prank, a deep navy matte with turquoise floating pearl
- Omen, a bright metallic purple with blue shift
- Flashback, a bright deep purple with pink sparkle
- Voodoo, a metallic purple shimmer with iridescent purple micro-glitter
- Flatline, a metallic pale pink
- Bordello, a pale mauve shimmer with gold micro-glitter
- Backlash, a bright pink with orange floating pearl
- Daybreak, a soft bronze with silver glitter
- Burn, a medium golden brown shimmer
- West, a deep metallic brown shimmer
One of the really cool things abut this palette, too, is that when you’ve used all the shadows up, you can pull that part out of the box. The bottom of the box is lined with a velvet-feel fabric, so you can use it to store little trinkets and stuff. I may wind up using it for my small earrings that like to wander around in the drawer where I keep them.
Have any of you bought this palette before? What did you think? If you didn’t buy it, was there a reason? I’d love to hear!
Oh, and because he had to come up and inspect…
Dexter, the ever-curious kitty! So far, he’s seemed to like this palette. That’s a good thing for me – hopefully he won’t try to knock it off of whatever high place it might be resting sometime in the future.