“What are your 10 favorite foods?”
There are times I would put “cat food” on this list, because my cats will leave me alone if I feed them!
Okay, in no order except the order in which they come to mind:
- Quiche. Yes, I love quiche. Nearly any kind of quiche is a good quiche to me.
- Spoonbread. Mom used to make this when we were kids – I guess you could say it’s like a soft, pot-cooked cornbread you eat with a fork or spoon. Yummy! If you’ve never heard of spoonbread, don’t worry – I think it’s a Southern thing.
- Popovers. Another thing Mom used to make when we were kids. They are like rolls, but with a thin, crunchy outside and a very airy, light inside, just perfect for butter to melt into all the little chambers made by air pockets as it baked.
- Sushi. Because.
- Garlic. Okay, so I know it’s not really a food like is asked for, but it makes so many other foods even better! I loves me some garlic!
- Gyros. Yum, yum, yum.
- Bread pudding. I used to think that had to be gross – it sounded like soggy, smooshed bread with ice cream topping on it. Boy, was I wrong!
- Pecan pie. Probably my favorite pie.
- Stuffed clams. I don’t care that much just for clams, but stuffed clams are great.
- A really good pastrami sandwich.
Great. Now I’m hungry for all the things.