- Get caught up on writing my NaNoWriMo novel, and then finish it this month. I’ve only got 2,723 words out of the 11,667 words I should have had my midnight last night. I am so awful – I haven’t written in three days. Okay, I haven’t written on my novel. I have, however, written on this blog. Good for the blog, but bad for my novel! Guess what I am going to do after I post this post? (And get some coffee. And feed the cats.)
- Lose weight. That’s been a goal for quite a few years now. And I’m doing it – I’ve just stalled out at the 16 pound mark yet again. I always seem to do that! This time, however, I am getting past that. When I hit the 20 pound mark, I’ll be doing good!
- Be able to speak better to people. That doesn’t make that much sense, does it? Well, that’s also what you’d probably be thinking if we were speaking face to face or on the phone. I just simply suck at verbal communication, especially if I don’t know you well. Apparently, that’s one of the drawbacks of being an introvert. I know I need to slow down, allow myself to think and formulate the sentences before I begin speaking them. That will help keep me from stopping in the middle of a sentence, grasping wildly in my brain for a word, and help stop me from spewing discombobulated phrases. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on the receiving end of one of those “OMG, is she not able to speak correctly? Is she nuts? How do I disengage from this conversation, and will she get the hint or will she follow me, still yammering?” looks. It’s embarrassing! So yes – I need to retrain myself to just slow down. And if people won’t wait to listen to what I say, so be it. They probably wouldn’t have listened had I spoken clearly within a few seconds, either.
- Get back into photography. I used to take pictures all day, every day. The past year or so, I’ve really slowed down on that. I still take pictures, but I want to do more, and I want to play in Photoshop more. I have a ton of magazines and tutorial CDs for the program – I just need to set aside time to mess around with all of it!
- Make time for crafty things. Another hobby I love that’s fallen to the wayside. I love cross stitch and other types of needlework. I love painting, though I don’t think I’m very good at it. I love trying to put things together. Hecks, we turned most of our dining room, small as it is, into a crafty area – and I’ve barely used it this year! Maybe I’ll make the goal of sharing things I make on this blog, too. (Why not – it’s a lifestyle blog, after all!)
This makes me wonder what goals you guys have for yourselves. I bet some really interesting ones are floating around out there.
Have a great Sunday!