Today’s challenge is “10 facts about you”!
- I am doing NaNoWriMo this month – trying to write 50,000 words of a novel in thirty days.
- I have two cats: Alanis, who is an almost-18 year old marmalade girl, and Dexter, who is a 3 year old tuxedo boy. Both of them talk so much they are sure to have Siamese in their blood.
- I still love Stargate: SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis – and not just because Jason Momoa is on the latter!
- My favorite Doctor is Number Eight – Paul McGann. Eight is sexy and steampunk. I love McGann in Hornblower, Withnail & I, and even liked the British comedy Hotel, where he’s co-starring with the current Doctor, Peter Capaldi.
- I really don’t like winter. It’s dark and dreary and COLD. Sometimes it feels the only thing that keeps me going in the thought of spring coming next.
- I read. A lot. I prefer historical fiction, science fiction, or some fantasy. If they’re not ridiculous, I like some romances. And if a history book is well-written and engaging, I’m all over it!
- I’m 5 feet, 4 inches, even though I swear I used to be 5’5″!
- I’m an introvert. It doesn’t mean I don’t want to be around anyone – it just means I am horrible at speaking with people I don’t know, and lousy at verbal communication. Oh, and my face turns the most hideous shade of red when I get embarrassed – which is quite often it seems. On the other hand, if I feel comfortable and in control of my situation (like when I was tending bar or on stage), I can communicate very smoothly and entertain people. Even strangers! But this is why I prefer emails to phone calls, too – I just need to learn to go slowly, don’t let someone rush me, and think about what I am going to say before gobbledygook comes spilling out of my mouth.
- I have asthma, which makes trying to walk outside in a winter wind a lot harder than usual. My inhaler is always with me, in a pocket or in my purse.
- I am a few credits away from my Associates Degree. I know – I should have already had a Bachelors by now, but I pay up front so I don’t wind up with student loan debt. That means one or two classes a semester, depending on how much the books run. I haven’t been in a class for a couple years for one reason or another, but would really like to get back into it. Maybe I’ll explore options for this winter… hmmmm!
I hope you guys are enjoying this!